4.29.2006

A New Beginning

So, a few of my friends have suggested that I should be keeping a blog/journal of some sort now that I’m gonna be traveling/moving/heading to gradschool etc. Even though I’ve kept this blog intermittently over the last few years it has hardly been a repository of reflection, questions, personal insight etc. and more often than not simply a place to post interesting links I’ve seen online. Well, it will still serve that purpose, but I am going to make a sincere attempt to post more here than just links. I have a camera phone now and hope to post images form where I am traveling/working, as well as some essays/musings on the myriad issues that occupy by pot-addled mind. Additionally, I will offer some sort of diary as well, letting anyone who is intersted know what I'm currently up to.

For instance, I am currently working on an archaeological dig in the Everglades. The scenery is breathtaking:






But, so often, I come home simply filthy from digging in the dirt in 90-100 degree temperatures.




I may have managed a bit of a tan, but compare that cowboy hat a few years ago:



To it's present state:



Ashley thinks it may be time to retire the hat, but it's been with me on every dig I've been on so far and I don't know if I can part with it.

No comments: