1.19.2005

Discovery of Atlantis Website

So, I just e-mailed these people: Discovery of Atlantis Website

...with a letter aksing how they put togehter their research teams:

I was just wondering how one goes about applying to your team. I am an archaeology/anthropology student in Boston MA, with, unfortunately, no underwater archaeology experience, but a burning fascination with flood and creation mythology, and in particular Atlantean mythology. Though I don't feel there's enough evidence to prove that the Meditteranean last flooded in the last 10-15,000 years. I do realize that volcanic and seismic activity in the area is heavy, and I am also intrigued by recent theory claiming that the Black Sea expanded in the last 10,000 years when the Med broke through natural dams there. In other words, though the specifics are, as you said, always being rewritten, there is a tremendous amount of data pointing to all sorts of chaos in the Meditteranean in the last 10-15,000 years, all preceding the explosion of city-states in Egypt and Mesopotamia. This combination of data leads me to believe that much of the "Golden Age" or "pre-history" of man, is lost. Whether Atlantis, Eden, or simply evidence of complex societies arising in a radically different "pre-historical" Mediterranean than we are use to envisioning, I am very interested in your work and would love to know more, and if possible, find out how you go about picking your teams.

Peace,
Joe Bonni
saleos23@hotmail.com

No comments: