6.08.2006

cant sleep cant sleep cant sleep cant sleep

I have been: a bike courier, a writing major, an ice cream scooper,
proprietor of an underground bar/snack shack, a musician, an activist,
an events producer, a Master of Ceremonies in front of 100,000
stoners, a toker, a smoker, a magazine publisher, a journalist, a
small businessman, an editor, an anthropology major, an organic
farmer, a construction worker, and soon I will be a PhD student. I
have been ecstatic and brokenhearted, and at the moment I am writing
this I am both. I am healthier now than I was 10 years ago. I can be
stubborn or passionate depending on whether or not you agree with my
position. I have been a hero and a dissapointment. I have had hair of
every color of the rainbow, dreads and a mohawk. Now my skull is
simply adorned wih a tattoo of "Aum". I have attended pagan rituals,
Catholic Masses and played drums in a circle with West African
Masters. I have played guitar poorly onstage, and bass well on one or
two occasions. I have been beat up after a gig, and graduated summa
cum laude. I am confused.

No comments: