5.25.2006

The End Is Near

As I feared, depression and chaos have made it difficult to maintain this blog recently, but, I think I'm getting a handle on things, particularly because it's getting very close to the end of this job. As beautiful as the Everglades have been, as swank as the pad here has been, and as enriching as the work experience has been, I’m tired. The emotional toll of being quasi-homeless and on the road for some six months has been much heavier than expected. It’s not just the break-up, which has left me heartbroken no doubt, but there’s also a pervasive loneliness that surrounds work on the road. No doubt there are good people around me on this crew, but to be going through such emotionally upending times, the breakup, the upcoming move to Chicago, the trip to Italy .. and to be alone, to have no close friend to grab a drink with, to not be able to stop by my folks, to not even have Ashley to call now – all this has become exhausting.

The end is near and I am grateful for it.

I had planned on posting a few pictures of a rattler we saw in the field a few days ago, and, a possible several hundred year old canoe. But once again Verizon is fucking me in regards to getting pix off my phone and onto my laptop. As soon as I get this fixed, prob sometime over the holiday weekend, I will post – the canoe is intriguing and I’ll write more about that and the sometimes controversial aspects of interpretation within archaeology when the pix are freed from the phone

I have a few more posts/rants in mind too (like, why I think Artifical Intelligence won’t become a reality until digital copying becomes less perfect). So, I think that over the next week or so I’ll be blogging more regularly.

Just in case anyone actually reads this.

No comments: