5.28.2006

Top veteran official joins pentacle debate - Yahoo! News

Oddly enough, I thought this debate had already been settled and that the pentacle had been added to the list of approved religious symbols for vets. But what confuses me is that there is an "approval" at all. I would think that if a vet wanted a symbol of a nose being picked, then, hey, s/he died for his/her country, give a soldier what s/he wants in death, dammit. Gotta' admit, I feel more protected when wearing a pentacle, and I stopped wearing one just before I came down here (belt buckle broke) and I ya’ know, things have been very tough since then. I concede that wearing such icons may simply offer a placebo effect, a psychological boost, a Samson effect, instilling confidence and motivation which can lead to healthier, better decisions than if one is unsure, insecure, what have you. But whether supernatural, or psychological, that particular symbol does bring me comfort and I think I will endeavor to wear one regularly again.
Top veteran official joins pentacle debate - Yahoo! News

No comments: